I’m back with a fun look for your New Year’s Eve festivities that are coming up! I was inspired by similar looks I had seen on Pinterest and this was something I had never actually attempted, so it looks a little wonky in the close up but I think it gets the point across.
So to get this look, I applied matte eyeshadow to my lid and crease first, then some glitter glue and then applied loose glitter with a stiff, flat brush. And yes, there is now glitter EVERYWHERE, including all over my face. But it’s great for a fun occasion!
Here’s the step-by-step. For the matte eyeshadows, I used the LORAC Pro 2 palette but use whatever you like!
- Start with an eyeshadow primer of your choice.
- Over your entire lid (brow to lash line) sweep a matte nude color.
- In the crease and lower lash line, use a matte purple and blend out any harsh lines.
- In the outer part of your crease, use a matte black and blend that in for a little definition.
- Now we’re ready for glitter! For the glitter to stay on your lid, you need a stick base. I used e.l.f. Glitter Primer, which is an eye-safe product that is very affordable and made to specifically to adhere glitter and loose pigments to your skin safely and gently. Also, use a cosmetics grade glitter for this, I used Hard Candy Poppin Pigments in City Chic. It’s $6 for two vials. Pop off the sifter and pour a small amount onto a tissue.
- Spread the glitter primer on your lid, below your eyeshadow crease.
- Using a small, flat, stiff brush, press the glitter onto the glue and keep your eye closed until the glue sets (it’s pretty quick).
- Finish up with a smudgy black eyeliner and black mascara.
For the rest of your face, keep it simple. A little bit of light pink blush and illuminizer and some pink lipgloss is all you really need.
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation in 04 Nude
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Medium
- NYX Mineral “Set It & Don’t Fret It” Matte Finishing Powder in Light/Medium
- bareMinerals Ready Luminizer in The Love Affair
- Korres Magic Light/Face Contouring Powder Trio in Mykonos
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (original formula)
- LORAC Pro 2 Palette (Buff, Plum, Black and Beige were used)
- e.l.f. Glitter Primer
- Hard Candy Poppin Pigments in City Chic
- L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner in Black
- LORAC Special Effects Mascara in Black/Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara in Black (I’ve got about a million sample and freebie mascaras I’m trying to use up!)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Lovechild