Oh man. I didn’t realize how badly neon pink has been missing from my collection till now.
MAC’s Candy Yum Yum lipstick is an in-your-face matte neon pink. It is crazy bright and one of MAC’s most popular shades. It is so popular that even Kelly Osbourne had her own take on it in her collab with MAC called Kelly Yum Yum.
In the new Pencilled In collection, MAC has taken some of their best-selling lipsticks and FINALLY created matching lip liners and glosses.
I have a number of pink lipsticks in my collection, but not a blue-based hot pink like this. This lipstick is a matte finish which I really think makes it look brighter. The lipglass is of moderate opacity and I think it would look great over just the lip liner for a high shine look.
For an overall look, I decided to go with sheer foundation and concealer and a simple, matte eye with a bit of a wing so the lipstick would really stand out.
OH MAN I LOVE THIS COLOR SO MUCH.
I like MAC’s lipglass formula because it’s not super sticky and it stays in place even over lipstick.
- Ulta Matte Prime primer
- L’Oreal True Match Lumi foundation in N3
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer in Medium
- I used a damp blender sponge to apply the foundation and concealer so that I could get a sheer, luminous glow
- NYX Stay Matte, Not Flat mineral finishing powder
- Highlighter and matte pale pink blush from NARS Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette (LE)
- Highlighter and contour from Ulta Sculpting Palette in Rosette
- LORAC Behind The Scenes eye primer
- Tarte be MATTEnificent eyeshadow palette
- Benefit They’re Real Push-Up liner
- Ulta Voluptuous Volume Mascara in Jet Black
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Clear (to set brows)
MAC’s Pencilled In collection is available now online and in MAC stores and counters. This is not a sponsored post! I bought all of this with my own money because I ❤ it so much. And Candy Yum Yum takes pretty pictures.